Posts made in February, 2016

Where’s Your Final Destination? 0

Where’s Your Final Destination?

Posted by on Feb 21, 2016 in Today's Teaching

Text: ‘So now he is here being comforted and you are in anguish’ – Luke 16:25 Living Bible Thought: Jesus used parables to illustrate and explain about the Kingdom of God, heaven, hell and life in general. Some are easier to understand than others but all are true and we ignore them at our peril. Such is the case with the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus. 1 In life there will always be the have’s and the have not’s The latest survey reveals that the top 1% of the richest people in the world have more combined wealth than the other 99% put together. Jesus said, ‘For you have the poor with you always.’ 2 and ‘Blessed are you poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.’ 3 He also said, ‘How hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God.’ 4 Yet there are many rich people who are true Christians in spite of their wealth and there are countless poor people who do not give God or Jesus a moment’s thought. It is not what you have in life that really matters, but what has you! One can have everything yet be generous and others with nothing yet are...

Learn More